It is highly recommended to test ZoomInfo InboxAI with actual real data. But it is obviously also possible to test it by creating test data.
Capturing emails and meetings – basics
Expected behavior – Any email/meeting sent or received that includes an email address of an existing contact (by email) in Salesforce will automatically be captured. It will then be associated to the contacts mentioned in the email and rolled up to the account level. ZoomInfo InboxAI can use either the Salesforce activity object which supports single contact per activity or the Email object which supports multiple contacts per activity (up to 50). Same concept applies for meetings.
- Emails will be shown in Salesforce Activity history for the email contacts and their account – when ZoomInfo InboxAI is capturing activities (optional)
- Meetings will be shown in Salesforce Open Activities when the meeting date is in the future, and then moved to Activity History. The association is similar to emails – when ZoomInfo InboxAI is capturing activities (optional)
- Emails and Meetings will be displayed in ZoomInfo InboxAI‘s Visualforce widget shown at Salesforce standard contacts and accounts pages.
- Exceptions – when Salesforce includes duplicate contacts for a single email address. Salesforce do not allow to associate the same email to multiple contacts sharing the same email address. But the information will be shown when using ZoomInfo InboxAI‘s Visualforce widget at the Salesforce contacts page.
Capturing emails and meetings – opportunities
Expected behavior – When an account has some open opportunities. Emails and meetings that were associated to the account will also be associated to the open opportunities that are owned by the email sender or recipients.
Due to Salesforce limitation supporting one opportunity for each activity, ZoomInfo InboxAI will associate the emails/meetings to one opportunity in case of more than one opportunity that meets the criteria (open, owned by the sender/recipients) . ZoomInfo InboxAI‘s Visualforce widget will show the emails and meetings for all the relevant opportunities.
Capturing emails and meetings – sent from anywhere
Expected behavior – Email can be sent from any email app or from Salesforce. As long as they are using the email service (Office 365 or G-Suite) ZoomInfo InboxAI will capture them. This is one of the reasons that allows ZoomInfo InboxAI to also capture emails sent in the past and are typically still exist in the mailboxes.
Capturing emails and meetings – history
Expected behavior – Any email/meeting sent or received in the past can also be processed following the same logic described above.
Access control for emails and meetings
Expected behavior – There are two ways to view emails and meetings in Salesforce.
- Using Salesforce standard objects – Any user that has access to an account, contact, opportunity or lead will be able to view the activities (history and open) that are associated with this object. It is possible to capture only meta data into Salesforce i.e. only subject line, date and recipients and exclude the email body message.
- Using ZoomInfo InboxAI‘s Visualforce widget – ZoomInfo InboxAI by default will only show email body message to people that can access it in their mailbox (sender and recipients). It is possible to open this access to selected people e.g. managers.
Capturing attachments – on-going and history
Expected behavior – Same logic applied for capturing emails and meetings can also capture attachments. The attachments can be captured into Salesforce attachment object and independently show in ZoomInfo InboxAI‘s Visual force widget.
Deep search – emails, meetings, attachments, tasks
Expected behavior – ZoomInfo InboxAI Visualforce supports deep search across emails, meetings, attachments and Salesforce tasks. You can find stuff using a combination of the following two methods.
- Filters – by person (team member or contact person), email, emails with reply, meetings, attachments, tasks
- Full text search – supports email body message, attachments content
Last interaction info – last inbound/outbound/meeting date, etc
Expected behavior – ZoomInfo InboxAI updates the following objects with last interaction dates. (1) Accounts (2) Contacts (3) Opportunities (4) Leads. The information is independent of whether the email or meeting was captured to Salesforce. It can capture last interaction for historical interactions e.g. last 12 months. The information captured is:
- Last inbound/outbound/meeting date and sender
- Next meeting and organizer
- Best contact
- Best connection (team member)
- Engagement score (K-Score) and trend
This information can be added to existing reports, list view and dashboards or build new ones.
New contacts handling
Expected behavior – There are two ways to handle contacts that are not in Salesforce.
- Email domain does not exist in Salesforce – ZoomInfo InboxAI can send a daily or weekly notification providing with a list of contacts that used in outbound emails and are not in Salesforce. Users can manually add them to Salesforce.
- Email domain exists already in Salesforce – either as an account web site or existing contacts email address. ZoomInfo InboxAI can either automatically create these contacts and associate them to the right account or it can use the notification service to let users decide about it. Automatic creation will be done only when there is only one single account with the email domain.
Manage ZoomInfo InboxAI‘s created objects
Expected behavior – ZoomInfo InboxAI is not modifying any existing information. All information captured is additive. Any object created by ZoomInfo InboxAI mainly Activities, Contacts have a ZoomInfo InboxAI ID (or Komiko ID). So it is easy to find any activity and contact created by ZoomInfo InboxAI.